A LIST OF MY FAVORITE MUSICIANS AND SONGS by Paula Perron
I have always believed the artist makes or breaks the success of the song so this is my list of the ten best music vocalists and/or groups. The choice was difficult because I listen to many others that I believe deserve to be on my list.
1. Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion, singing songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “phantom of the Opera”
2. Josh Groban anything he sings, but I love “Believe” from, Polar Express.
3. .The late Whitney Houstons’s version of “I will always love you.”
4. Frank Sinatra, called The Voice and he was just that – “all the way”
5.Barbra Streisand’s “People” and “Somewhere”, brings tears every time.
6.One Republic –“A sky full of Stars” and “Apologize.”
7.Carrie Underwood- “Before he Cheats”
8. Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, “Hello Dolly”.
9.Imagine Dragons for “Radioactive”, and “Thunder.”
10. Mariah Carey- for her version of All I Want For Christmas”
When I was a little girl, every Saturday morning, I would walk to the local library for story time at 9 am. Once there, I sat excited and ready to listen to the fairy tale the librarian planned for that week.
For one hour I entered into a magical world where a princess always marries a prince and they live happily ever after.
In the magical world, crickets and animals talk, a wooden puppet becomes a real boy, Elephants can fly, wishes come true, and a kiss awakens a sleeping beauty.
Today I still find magic in a different way
There is magic in how the trees know when to waken and when to sleep; the flowers know when to bloom; the snow and rain know when they are wanted; food we eat grows in dirt and on trees, and the magic of love comes to everyone If they believe.